The Art of the Deal

A Day in the Life: October 13th

(Aged 14)
Wea.                                         TUE. OCT. 13, 1896               Ther.

Pa + Ma have gone over to Aunt Maryann’s to see about buying some cows.  Rollie + I took up the traps as it had rained so the creek was so high.



(Aged 16)
Wea.                                          THU. OCT. 13, 1898               Ther.

Went to school.  Rode with Ada Page. 


(Aged 17)
Wea.                                           FRI. OCT. 13, 1899               Ther.

Worked all day in Crandall’s Factory.  The boys are a jolly set.  In eve went to bed.  Ray Lawson came up to borrow a $1 of me but I bought a ring of him for $1.75 that I believe is worth $5 or more.  He bought it of drunk fellow about a week ago for $1.


(Aged 18)
Wea.                                           SAT. OCT. 13, 1900                 Ther.

In A.M. took Ma, Pa, and Chas Woodworth to the burg.  Took down the swing in the sugar bush.  In P.M.  Alice, Luella, Mearle + I went chestnuting up to Unkle Gib’s.  In eve Luella + Mearle went up to Steve Littlefield’s to a husking bee.  Alice + I took a drive got home at 1 A.M.   X


(Aged 19)
Wea.                                            SUN. OCT. 13, 1901                Ther.

Will went to factory.  Alice Pearle + I went up to Gib’s after chestnuts got about 1/2 bu.



(Aged 20)
Wea.                                             MON.  OCT. 13, 1902             Ther.

Worked in ditch.



(Aged 21)
Wea.                                              TUE.  OCT. 13, 1903                  Ther.

John + I bot 16 (?) of John Marsh.  In P.M. went up to farm.  Clint Sheldon moved on.




***********




Editor's Note: Can only imagine how cheesy that ring must have been.  It is just my gut reaction and not based on price because one would have to take inflation into account. LOL.  Seriously, it was bought off a drunk and quickly pawned off on another.  I don't doubt Allen pushed it along too.  How silly that Ray was going to borrow a dollar but ended up with getting Allen to buy the ring off him instead.

I also believe that Mearle Cowan was sweet on Luella because I think they went to a dance together once too.  I don't know why it doesn't blossom.


 *******

Comments

Popular Posts