"A Sharp Dressed Man"

A Day in the Life: May 7th


(Aged 14)
Wea.  Hot                                      THU. MAY 7, 1896               Ther. 85

Went to school.


(Aged 16)
Wea. Windy                                  SAT. MAY 7, 1898               Ther.

Went to factory.  Stayed at home all day.  In eve Bert Bingham + I rode our wheels up to the singing school.  Flora Harrington + Ellen Prettie leaders.


(Aged 17)
Wea.                                             SUN. MAY 7, 1899               Ther.

Frank + Harry came over from grandma’s to stay till Glenn goes home.  He went about 4 P.M.
in eve went down to the burg with Leon Page + came home with Mearle Cowan.  I went home with Mertie Brant.



(Aged 18)
Wea.                                              MON. MAY 7, 1900                 Ther.

In A.M. Pa + I went to town got a new lap robe cost $5, my watch which had been fixed, a new derby hat--the first I ever had, a new pair of pants cost $4.00 and a doz dry plates.  In P.M. painted the house.  Got a letter from Verna White.
photo found here.



(Aged 19)
Wea.                                              TUE. MAY 7, 1901                Ther.

NO ENTRY AGAIN UNTIL MAY 22nd


(Aged 20)
Wea.                                               WED.  MAY 7, 1902             Ther.

Gail plowed.  I fixed the calf stancles(?).


(Aged 21)
Wea.                                              THU.  MAY 7, 1903                  Ther.

Worked at corn ground.  Drew manure.  Got my dividend $53.00.


***********


Editor's Note:  I wish I had a picture of Allen in his Derby.  It sounds like he had a very productive shopping trip with his father.  He certainly is spiffing himself up--even a new lap robe for the when he takes Alice out riding at night.  Oh, and of course he bought more "giggling girl bait" for his camera. 

UNKNOWN MEN but still the mental image I get of what Allen was looking like in his new kit.
photo found here.

Comments

Popular Posts