Notable Births on this Day

A Day in the Life: December 19th


(Aged 15)
Wea.                                             SAT. DEC. 19, 1896               Ther.

Pa + Ma went to Jamestown.  Charley + I cut corn stalks.  Pa + Ma got Charley + I each a pair of mittens.


(Aged 17)
Wea.                                             MON. DEC. 19, 1898               Ther.

Went to school with horse + cutter.  Luella rode down with me.  Raynor’s ankle is pretty sore.  He uses a cain.


(Aged 18)
Wea.                                             TUE. DEC. 19, 1899               Ther.

 Left McGees and went to Chase Ridge where we show tonight.  Got our bills today cost $2.25.  In eve showed took in $2.10.  Stayed all night with Mr. Chace.


(Aged 19)
Wea.                                              WED. DEC. 19, 1900                 Ther.

Cut wood all day. 3 cord.  In evening went up to see Alice. X



(Aged 20)
Wea.                                              THU. DEC. 19, 1901                Ther.

Ray went to factory.  Pa, Ma + Alice went to the burg.  I took care of the baby.   Got some X-mas presents.  Ray drew out two loads of manure.  In eve pa + Rollie were over.


(Aged 21)
Wea.                                               FRI.  DEC. 19, 1902             Ther.

Drew bolts.  Finished drawing 36 in. bolts.  In eve went to town had a tooth pulled.  Alice went too.  We stayed to the opera.


***********


Editor's Note: I guess having a tooth pulled doesn't stop one from keeping their appointment at the opera but this is the rare instance when Allen doesn't tell me what he saw.  Perhaps he was too distracted after all.

 Notable Births on this Day


In 1891, my great, grand Uncle Rollie Cass was born.  As he would say "Well, bless your heart".


And in much more recent history, my dear friend Lori was born.  In 1971 I made her my Kindergarten Christmas Angel.  She has lost her doily wings and most of her straw hair along the way but the real Lori has held up much better.



I think this was one of Lori's b'day parties way back when.  My childhood sweetheart David was in the middle of me and Lori.  Diana and Michelle are the Bluebirds in the back.

Front:  Jen, David, Lori 


Comments

Popular Posts