Update on the "thum" boil

A Day in the Life: August 24th


(Aged 14)
Wea.                                           MON. AUG. 24, 1896               Ther. 

Grandma, Rollie + I went up to Unkle Gib’s.  Gib + I went hunting.  Pa, Ma + Grandma Mason went up to Jamestown.


(Aged 16)
Wea.                                            WED. AUG. 24, 1898               Ther.

Went over to Corydon on my wheel.  Got over there about 11 o’clock.  In P.M. played croquette.  Leo Reeves + Vernie White came over + played too.  My boil ached all night.



(Aged 17)
Wea.                                             THU. AUG. 24, 1899               Ther.

Canvassed all day.  Sold none.



(Aged 18)
Wea.                                             FRI. AUG. 24, 1900                 Ther.

Drew manure in A.M.  In P.M. stayed around the house.  In eve Alice and I went to Fluvana to see the fireworks at Celoron.
Celoron at night for purchase here


(Aged 19)
Wea.                                              SAT. AUG. 24, 1901                Ther.

Frank drew stone.  I went to town. Got a harness for $40.



(Aged 20)
Wea.                                               SUN.  AUG. 24, 1902                Ther.

Went over to pa’s + up to Andrew’s.



(Aged 21)
Wea.                                              MON.  AUG. 24, 1903                  Ther.


NO ENTRY AGAIN UNTIL OCTOBER 10th.



***********


Editor's Note: As I told Diana just the other day, some days you just can't "bring it" hence the boil mention.  Anyway,  I thought I was onto something with Vernie White instead of Verna and Leo's last name being Reeves just like Asa and Effie Reeves in Corydon but I can find no connection via the census so I continue being stumped on that front.

But fireworks over Celoron sound lovely.



*******

Comments

Popular Posts