Walking it Off

A Day in the Life: April 16th


(Aged 14)
Wea. Hot                                      THU. APRIL 16, 1896               Ther.  80

Went to school.  Bert is to work on the barn.  Devillo Kineston is at work here plowing. Clarence Cowan is at work on the barn.


(Aged 16)
Wea. Windy                                 SAT. APRIL 16, 1898               Ther.

Went to factory when I came back went to Falconer to get my front forks fixed.  It will cost $2.25 can get it Wednesday.  Bert Bingham went with me.  In eve Ma + I went to the singing school.


(Aged 17)
Wea.                                             SUN. APRIL 16, 1899               Ther.

Stayed at home all day.  Pa, Ma + Rollie went down to the burg to church.  In eve Unkle Gib, Aunt May + Luella were down + paid me what they owed me so I can get my my wheel.  Snowed last night. 


(Aged 18)
Wea.                                              MON. APRIL 16, 1900                 Ther.

Began painting the house after I got home from the factory.


(Aged 19)
Wea.                                              TUE. APRIL 16, 1901                Ther.

NO ENTRY AGAIN UNTIL MAY 22nd


(Aged 20)
Wea.                                               WED.  APRIL 16, 1902             Ther.

Went to the factory.  Gail helped Steve Littlefield in A.M.  In P.M. Gail drew manure I helped Steve.  Alice got mad because I wouldn’t take her over to pa’s and went a foot.
Vintage postcard available at Cardcow.


(Aged 21)
Wea.                                              THU.  APRIL 16, 1903                  Ther.

NO ENTRY MADE AGAIN UNTIL MAY 1st




***********


Editor's Note:  In the second year of marriage, Allen still hasn't figured out his wife.  When he writes of Alice's disappointment in him he seems so young and confused.  I think that they both still need to learn to compromise at this point.  Allen is working a shift at the factory and a shift on the farm so doesn't see why he should have to drive Alice the relatively short 20 minute walk.  But Alice has a toddler so the walk would be a great deal longer than that and it could have been raining.  Who knows, maybe Allen had said he would and then decided he actually couldn't.  I think Allen should have taught Alice how to drive herself.  We know Nora could.

Comments

Popular Posts