Letters From Home

A Day in the Life: October 4th


(Aged 14)
Wea.                                           SUN. OCT. 4, 1896               Ther. 

Went up to Unkle Gib’s on my wheel.  They came down here.



(Aged 16)
Wea.                                            TUE. OCT. 4, 1898               Ther.

Rode my wheel to school.  My finger is pretty sore.



(Aged 17)
Wea.                                             WED. OCT. 4, 1899               Ther.

Drew grapes to Depot and monkeyed around.  In eve wrote five letters one was for home.

Bet Allen was answering these letters from Aunt Mary and Luella. 


(Aged 18)
Wea.                                              THU. OCT. 4, 1900                 Ther.

Went to school with Gordon.  P.H. Coeburg was buried today.  Alice stopped and gave me a letter as she went back to town.  W.R. and H.P. went to town tonight.  I wonder why.  In eve studied to 9 o’clock.  I didn’t go to the Jack lantern party.  Got a letter from Irma.  She is at Portland.


(Aged 19)
Wea.                                              FRI. OCT. 4, 1901                Ther.

Will Drayton and I went over and got the bull.


(Aged 20)
Wea.                                               SAT.  OCT. 4, 1902             Ther.

Began filling my silo (with) Joel Harrington’s machine.  Had 17 men.


(Aged 21)
Wea.                                              SUN.  OCT. 4, 1903                  Ther.


NO ENTRY AGAIN UNTIL OCTOBER 10th.


***********



Editor's Note:  Can't figure out who the initials are that intrigued Allen. I'm thinking Alice's letter was the post script to Hattie's visit--letting Allen know her half of the talking to from Hattie. 

I will transcribe the letters from Mary and Luella to Allen in Portland soon.


***********

Comments

Popular Posts