Building Identified!

A Day in the Life: September 12th


(Aged 14)
Wea.                                             SAT. SEPT. 12, 1896               Ther.

Went over to grandma’s + from there started for a ball play on Henry Harrington’s.  I went to turn out for a team + doubled my forward wheel all wobbling.  I took it down to Hale’s to get it fixed.  Cannot get it till Monday.


(Aged 16)
Wea.                                             MON. SEPT. 12, 1898               Ther.

Went to school.  After school went up to Falconer after my wheel but it wasn’t done it will cost $6.


(Aged 17)
Wea.                                             TUE. SEPT. 12, 1899               Ther.

NO ENTRY AGAIN UNTIL OCTOBER 2nd.



(Aged 18)
Wea.                                              WED. SEPT. 12, 1900                 Ther.

Rode to school with Gordon.   Got a letter from Irma.  In eve studied till 11 o’clock.   Effie came down to the burg + I rode home with her.



(Aged 19)
Wea.                                              THU. SEPT. 12, 1901                Ther.

Sold my beef cow for $28 took her to Falconer.  Went to town and paid my note of $205.



(Aged 20)
Wea.                                               FRI.  SEPT. 12, 1902             Ther.

Gail helped Springer.  I fired for Joel.


(Aged 21)
Wea.                                              SAT.  SEPT. 12, 1903                  Ther.

NO ENTRY MADE AGAIN UNTIL OCTOBER 10th.



***********


Editor's Note: We have an answer!

Photo from De Warn.
De writes:  "It is of the original Zion Lutheran Church on Institute St. next to the Frewsburg school building. This picture was taken in the late teens because the new school building was built in 1922.

In 1957 Zion sold the building to Frewsburg Central School district, and a new church building was built on Falconer St.  The school used the former church building for several years  as a band room.  It was later demolished and the school expanded the building. The school swimming pool now occupies that space.

Joyce and I were married in that church in 1953."


I love the photo and I love that it was such an important building to you.  Thank you for sharing.
I don't think Mabel did too bad a job of painting it. :-)




 *******

Comments

Popular Posts