Are You on the Guest List?

A Day in the Life: September 16th


(Aged 14)
Wea.                                           WED. SEPT. 16, 1896               Ther.

Mrs. Mason went home.  I drove to school.  Pa, Ma, Rollie + Grandma went up to see the parade of Barnum + Baily’s show.  Pa got my wheel fixed.  It cost $2.75.


(Aged 16)
Wea.                                             FRI. SEPT. 16, 1898               Ther.

Went to school.  There is a party up to Bunce’s this eve but I haven’t had an invitation.


(Aged 17)
Wea.                                             SAT. SEPT. 16, 1899               Ther.

NO ENTRY AGAIN UNTIL OCTOBER 2nd.


(Aged 18)
Wea.                                              SUN. SEPT. 16, 1900                 Ther.

Stayed at home all day.  Howard Wilson came down.  In eve studied.


(Aged 19)
Wea.                                              MON. SEPT. 16, 1901                Ther.

Took my bull to Falconer.  Floyd Lewis + I took the 3+4 degrees in the Grange.  Began drawing Ed Harrington’s milk. 



(Aged 20)
Wea.                                               TUE.  SEPT. 16, 1902             Ther.

Drew stone for silo.


(Aged 21)
Wea.                                              WED.  SEPT. 16, 1903                  Ther.


NO ENTRY AGAIN UNTIL OCTOBER 10th

***********



Editor's Note:  I bet the parade was awesome.  Too bad Allen was in school but he doesn't show regret.  However, in 1898, Allen seems a bit let down by not getting an invite to the Bunce's.  I'm as surprised as he was.  My guess is it was a very specific party perhaps for family only and clearly not a social event.  Who knows?  I'm struggling right now with who to invite to my child's b'day party.  Do I make it intimate or include the whole class? We're not at the age yet where we can only select real mates in the classroom because feelings will be hurt.  But I digress...parties can cause hurt feelings whatever your age.
found at this cool shop


*******

Comments

Popular Posts