But Darling, Is He One of OUR Babcocks?

A Day in the Life: July 28th


(Aged 14)
Wea.                                          TUE. JULY 28, 1896               Ther.

Stayed at home in A.M.  Carson stayed all night with me.  Pa + Ma went to the burg in A.M.  In P.M. I went to Caitlin’s Mill after a load of lumber when I came back I hitched the horses in the church shed + went to the burg when I went to get the horses out I broke the tongue out of the wagon.  I came home (?)


(Aged 16)
Wea.                                          THU. JULY 28, 1898               Ther.

Went to factory.  Worked all day + eat our dinner over at grandma’s.  Ma + Rollie went over to grandma’s.  Pa had got his reaper + binder home.  It cost $25.


(Aged 17)
Wea.                                           FRI. JULY 28, 1899               Ther.

Went up to the dam and Mable, Leo, Verna, Walton + I went boat riding.  In P.M. went up to the store.


(Aged 18)
Wea.                                           SAT. JULY 28, 1900                 Ther.

Worked all day haying.  Took a picture of Thayer family as they held a reunion at Ezra’s.  In eve went over to Glendine’s.


(Aged 19)
Wea.                                            SUN. JULY 28, 1901                Ther.

Stayed at home all day.  In eve took a ride up over Emery Hill + down Mud Creek.


(Aged 20)
Wea.                                             MON.  JULY 28, 1902             Ther.

Gail cut brush.  Figgered (?) up some went over to pa’s.


(Aged 21)
Wea.                                              TUE.  JULY 28, 1903                  Ther.


NO ENTRY AGAIN UNTIL OCTOBER 10th



***********


Editor's Note:  I thought I was closer to knowing who Verna and Mabel White were with the addition of two names --Walton and Leo but all leads dried up.  The most interesting thought is that Walton is Walton Babcock born in 1879 in Busti but even given the name Babcock I can't find a line that would make him a distant cousin to Allen.  There is an orphan Leo White from Warren, PA and a Mabel White from Warren but that horribly irritating fire that took out the 1890 census leaves me too many blanks.  I'm not even sure of the dam they are boating at. 




*********

Comments

Popular Posts