In Out of the Rain

A Day in the Life: June 20th

Allen and his girls.  L-R Ruthie, Mabel, Dorothy and Alice

(Aged 14)
Wea. hot                                        SAT. JUNE 20, 1896               Ther. 92

Worked all day.  In A.M. pa + I worked on the road.  We both drove a team drew gravel put it on the road between the house + the barn.  Bert + I went in swimming.  Have begun to shingle the barn.



(Aged 16)Wea.                              MON. JUNE 20, 1898               Ther.

Went to factory then went fishing minnies with Herb Bragg.  In eve Bert + I went to the Primary Rooms’ entertainment + it rained awful and as we couldn’t get into Mrs. Mason’s we stayed in her barn all night.


(Aged 17)
Wea.                                             TUE. JUNE 20, 1899               Ther.

Ma, Rollie + I went to Corydon.  I went down + helped Asa shingle his new barn.  Leslie went to Salamanca in the eve.


(Aged 18)
Wea.                                              WED. JUNE 20, 1900                 Ther.

Went to Russelburg after a load of lumber for the barn.  In eve took Alice to a party up at Bess Traver’s started home at 11:00 took Alice up to town got home at 4.45 then went to milking.


(Aged 19)
Wea.                                              THU. JUNE 20, 1901                Ther.

Began grading with the scraper.


(Aged 20)
Wea.                                               FRI.  JUNE 20, 1902             Ther.

Tinkered around.



(Aged 21)
Wea.                                              SAT.  JUNE 20, 1903                  Ther.

John went to Onoville.  I stayed in market.




***********


Editor's Note:  It seems to be a good day for shingling whatever the year.  I think it's fun the boys took refuge in Grandma Mason's barn. I wonder why they couldn't get in her house?

I have never heard of Russelburg nor did I find in on a map so either it now has a new name or it was the name of the Lumber store.




***


Comments

Popular Posts