No Regrets

A Day in the Life: April 22nd


(Aged 14)
Wea. Cold                                   WED. APRIL 22, 1896               Ther.  40

Went to school rode down with pa he went up to Catlin’s.  I sent $5 for my bicycle.  I pay the balance upon delivery.  I might have got another wheel if I had not been is such a hurry.  I am glad I sent all the same.


(Aged 16)
Wea.  Rainy                                  FRI. APRIL 22, 1898               Ther.

Stayed at home all day.  went to factory Pa + Ma went to Jamestown.  In eve went to the singing school.


(Aged 17)
Wea.                                             SAT. APRIL 22, 1899               Ther.

Worked all day.  Pa + I built wire fence down on the Webster place till 3 o’clock P.M. Then I took Topsie up the hollow + got her shod.  In eve went down on the point fishing--drove down.   Didn’t have a bite.  Frank Warn came home with me + stayed all night.
Vintage postcard found here.



(Aged 18)
Wea.                                              SUN. APRIL 22, 1900                 Ther.

Took a picture of Rollie it is all right.  In P.M. went to S.S. at Ivory.  In eve went to the burg with Elmer Warn.  It rained awful.


(Aged 19)
Wea.                                              MON. APRIL 22, 1901                Ther.

NO ENTRY AGAIN UNTIL MAY 22nd


(Aged 20)
Wea.                                               TUE.  APRIL 22, 1902             Ther.

A.M. went to factory + put up a grist.  In P.M. went to the burg with grist.  Paid D. Springer + F Chindland.  Wrote a letter stopping morning post + ordered silo (?)


(Aged 21)
Wea.                                              WED.  APRIL 22, 1903                  Ther.

NO ENTRY MADE AGAIN UNTIL MAY 1st




***********



Editor's Note:  Allen only briefly questions his choice in bikes before deciding to have no regrets.  I'm amused that his fishing is as good as his hunting.

Comments

Popular Posts