An Evening at the Theater Ripples Through Time

A Day in the Life: February 10th

(Aged 14)
Wea.                                             MON. FEB. 10, 1896                      Ther.

Went to school.
                   

(Aged 16)
Wea.  Cloudy                                THUR. FEB. 10, 1898                    Ther. 38

Went to school.  Glendine Taylor + Lydia Lawson rode down with me.  In evening drew a map of South America + Chas Wygren was over to see about renting the Webster place.  Our sleighing is nearly gone.  I drove a buggy today.
                 

(Aged 17)
Wea.                                              FRI. FEB. 10, 1899                        Ther. 

Drove horse + cutter to school.  Bessie Traver rode up from school with me.  It is awful cold the thermometer is 18 below.
In eve I took Bessie Traver up to Cora Love’s to a surprise on her.  Had a fine time there were about 40 young folks there.
Frank Warn was there + we talked about trading maybe we will we will know next Fri eve.
Got home from the party at 2.45 A.M. with the thermometer at 16 below zero.


(Aged 18)
Wea.                                              SAT. FEB. 10, 1900                       Ther.

Worked all A.M.  In P.M. slept.  In eve Mearle Cowan and I went to town to the theatre had a good time. The play was "Unkle Tom’s Cabin".
Mabel Cass Lucas' very own copy.


(Aged 19)
Wea.                                              SUN. FEB. 10, 1901                      Ther.

Alice + I went to church in the morning.  We also took a bath in evening.


(Aged 20)
Wea.                                              MON.  FEB.  10, 1902                  Ther.

Went to factory + done chores.  Brined cows hay.  Rollie came over to help me do chores.  In P.M. went up to Lows Scotts to hire a man but he wasn’t there.


(Aged 21)
Wea.                                              TUE.  FEB.  10, 1903                     Ther.

In P.M. went up to Andrews.  The horses are just the same.  I went to Jamestown after some medicine for them.  I hired Hiley Markham to work for me this summer.  Dave drew up the rest of the logs.





***********

Editor's Note:  I shouldn't complain about it being 16 below here with me today because it was at least that and more for Allen and he was in an open cutter.  I have a heated car.  I don't know how they stood it.

I hope we find out what Frank and Allen were considering trading.  I hope it wasn't girlfriends. 

Brining hay is salting it to preserve it.

It would seem Allen really liked "Uncle Tom's Cabin" since his daughter Mabel would own the Little Folks edition one day.  I can't help but believe he bought it for her.  It was a favorite of hers because it was saved for us.  I love seeing how things ripple out through the years.

Comments

Popular Posts