Was Telling Someone Not to be Nervous Ever Helpful?

Alice Warn Cass (1880-1936)

 JANUARY 2

Thursday 1913
Allen and I went to Jamestown to see the doctor.  We got some nerve pills.
Paid Aunt and Mort   $5.75
Paid Dr.                      $5.00
Spent                          $7.50
for dry goods

Tuesday 1934
It is fair out but very cold.  I got up quite early.  Fell went back to Albany.  Mab & Eleanor began their school again.  Carl fixed the chimney.  Mattie came.


Wednesday 1935
Herman and Mildred called.  The sun is shinning.  Mab went back to (?) school.

Thursday 1936
We took the Christmas tree out.


*****************


Nora Babcock Cass (1856-1932)

 JANUARY 2
Thursday 1879
Today finds me well.  Taught school.  It is an awful, cold, stormy day boarding at O.E. Thayer's.  Little Flora is very sick.  I find my mind somewhat unsettled tonight. 

**********************


Frank Smith Cass (1851-1932)


JANUARY 2

Tuesday 1917
 Victor Long paid up his mortgage and I gave Allen $100 toward paying Alice's Dr. bill at the hospital.

Tuesday 1923


Rollie went up to Ivory to a Farmer’s Institute.  Willard started back to Ann Arbor College.  Gilbert Eccles died aged 81 years.

Wednesday 1924

Made a reach for Rollie’s Sleds.  Rollie drew manure.


Friday 1925

Rollie + Morris drew wood + manure in the forenoon.  Willard was here in the afternoon.  Rollie paid Erie Comstock + Mearle Cowan $40.

Saturday 1926

Got 1350 soft coal.  Drew up deed sent a contract to John A Wheeler for a Village Lot.

Sunday 1927

Rollie + Ester were here part of the day.  Morris went to church + Sunday school.

Monday 1928

Stormy day.  Rollie and Ester, Hugh and his wife called a while.  Rollie + Esther stayed all night.

Wednesday 1929

Stayed at home.


Thursday 1930

Ward Abbey was here and offered me $45 for the 5 stacks of Hay on the hill farm.


Friday 1931

Allen A. and Ruthie (Rustic’s?)came.  Allen stayed with me most of the afternoon.

Saturday 1932

Stayed at home Allen A. called.  He is starting back to Ann Arbor.  (very shakey hand)


**********************







Comments

  1. Hello! I came across your blog while doing some family history research. I too am related to Allen Frank Cass! He is my great-great grandfather. Dorothy Pearl is my great-grandmother and her son Robert Carl is my grandfather. My father (who passed away in 2011), brother, and son all share the middle name Cass. Can't wait to read more of your blog and find out about our shared family history.

    Beth (Anderson) Wagner

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Beth!
    I sent you a private email from jokent8@yahoo.com. So excited to hear from you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Beth! Just realized I couldn't return an e-mail to your comment. e-mail me at the address above so that we can connect. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts