Movies with Dad (Extra)


Podcast here!

Paramount Pictures 

Our most recent podcast episode was sailing on choppy waters from the get-go.  We knew we were pressed for time and tried to fit it in our day anyway. We like to think we're keeping it real.  We don't script...Surprise!  And, podcasting on the fly is not always podcasting at its best, but we don't intend to change our ways for now.

As we did last time, we have follow-ups to add this time here on the blog.


1.  HOLY TOLEDO, Liza Minelli sang New York, New York, first!  How does Tamsin know that nonsense?  Maybe you knew it too.  I sure didn't. Liza's not half bad here. 

I always thought the song was much older.  Regardless, it will always be Frank's song.   And, I'm shocked, shocked to find New York, NY is a Scorcese film.

2.  Gene Hackman and Burt Reynolds played opposite Liza in Lucky Lady which leads me to think the casting agent might have been going through some sort of existential crisis.

3.  We saw every Clint Eastwood movie and every Bond movie with Dad the 1970s.  What I remember about Dad in Saturday Night Fever is him saying out loud in the theater, "Jaysus Christ what the hell kind of movie have I taken my daughters to?"

Comments

Popular Posts