Mabel's "Snow in the City"

Berta and Elmer Hader were children's authors from the 1920s to 1960s.  They met in art school and built a beautiful, creative life together.  As a teacher and book lover, my grandmother became familiar with their work and shared many of their stories with her class.  I believe, at one point, she had her class write letters of appreciation to the Haders.  Moved by this lovely, little fan base in Jamestown, NY, the Hader's dedicated this book to my grandmother and her 3rd grade students.

I don't know where my dust jacket is but it looks like I haven't had it for a while guessing by the big snowball, splat mark of white paint.  To be honest, I can't remember a time that mark wasn't there but my grandmother's love remains evident.  My grandmother retired the year I was born.









*************




Comments

Popular Posts