Nobody Really Skates on Thin Ice

A Day in the Life: January 25th
 
(Aged 14)
Wea.    cloudy                               SAT. JAN. 25, 1896                        Ther.    40

Helped Geo Walters draw 2 loads of hay,  In the P.M. Carson Russell was here.  My arm was strained throwing snowballs.
Image found @ http://store.tidbitstrinkets.com/blog/
                     


(Aged 16)
Wea.  Snowy                                TUE. JAN. 25, 1898                       Ther.   24

Went to school.  Had an examination in Arithmetic and Geography was pretty hard.  Elmer Warn rode home with me.  Ed Harrington and his wife was down in the evening.  Chas + I went skating but the ice was too thin. 


(Aged 17)
Wea.                                              WED. JAN. 25, 1899                     Ther. 

Went down on the Webster Place and cut brush in the A. M.
In P.M. went up to Will Rhode’s and got his tackle blocks (Block and Tackle) to lift up that cow that got hurt by the roof.

In eve went down to the burg to church so did Frank + Elmer Warn.


(Aged 18)
Wea.                                               THUR. JAN. 25, 1900                  Ther.

Drew manure + corn stalks had a cow come in.


(Aged 19)
Wea.                                               FRI. JAN. 25, 1901                       Ther.

Charlie came but Frank did not.  Charlie and I cut bolts all day.


(Aged 20)
Wea.                                              SAT.  JAN.  25, 1902                       Ther.

Ray + I went over to Onoville to see Sutton’s cows but didn’t get any.  Got $5.50 of(f) Pat Laughland for drawing lumber. 


(Aged 21)
Wea.                                              SUN.  JAN.  25, 1903                       Ther.

Grandma, Alice + I all went over to Pa’s for dinner.  We brought Willard home.


(Aged 22)
Wea.                                               MON. JAN. 25, 1904                       Ther.

Lyle + I went up and worked on mill.



***********

Editor's Note: 
I almost forgot about that cow that had the roof come in on it.  I thought for sure she didn't make it but here they are righting her...I believe. 

In 1900 I think the cow came in because their is a cold snap coming...And where exactly does all this manure get "drawn to"?  I believe Allen is mucking out the barn but where does one put it in the middle of winter?  I am too far from my farming roots.

Comments

Popular Posts